October 16, 2017
TITLE: Therapist II/III
As a member of all interdisciplinary team provides psychotherapy and diagnostic assessments and counseling in the context of the individual, group and family structure, also ensures that case management functions are delivered to clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides assessments for clients within 72 hours of referral. Develops a treatment plan for clients and family as needed.
- Completes initial client intake that includes history and presenting problems.
- Provide direct individual, group and family therapy in the home and at the center. Maintains interaction/communication with client’s family and necessary collateral.
- Provides skill building services, group therapy and case management services.
- Consults with psychiatrist regarding needs and treatment planning.
- Maintains treatment involvement with the Inpatient personnel when the assigned patient is hospitalized, incarcerated and or placed in a residential setting
- Refers patients for any additional consultative services, with necessary accompanying information.
- Present cases and participate in staffing as required.
- Participates in supervision, psychiatric consultation, and periodic in-service or administrative meetings.
- Consults with referring agency to ensure referring agency program requirements are meet.
- Ensures that clients receive in-home , psychological, random urine screening or other test per program requirements
- Coordinates with Therapist I, Case Managers, and Residential Technicians for treatment planning.
- Maintain a minimum of the company’s productivity requirements (75%) at all times.
- Must maintain credentials to satisfy the standards for QBHP (Qualified Behavioral Health Professional) clinical staff professional.
- Performs all pertinent treatment documentation in the patient record/ chart in prescribed time limits (24 hours).
- Provide administrative documentation in a timely manner.
- Integrates financial aspect of client’s activities with clinical treatment plans and goals.
- Follow-up with clients (or refer to Engagement Specialist for follow-up) regarding missed or canceled appointments via phone calls and/or letters.
- Writes reports as required on progress of clients.
- Conduct all professional activity in an ethical manner.
- Conform to all applicable policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with other staff assist in identifying and eliminating any situation which jeopardizes the health and/or safety of clients, staff, or others who come in contact with community mental health center operations.
- Utilize literature, workshops and other training aids to continually improve clinical and administrative skills.
- In conjunction with supervisor, complete and implement Individual Professional Development Plan and provide quality treatment for clients
- Assist in assuring Edgewater Systems compliance with all related licensing and accreditation requirements.
Department Manager, Supervisor and/or Director
May supervise Therapist I, Therapist II, Case Manager, Engagement Specialist
- Education – Master’s degree in a mental health discipline
- Licensure/Certification – License preferred.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC).
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor(LCPC)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist(LMFT)
- Experience – Experience preferred.
- Other –
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Furnish own inspected, automobile as needed for Center work and transportation of clients.
- A good driving record.
- Appropriate automobile insurance and valid license tags.