Behavioral Health Consultant
TITLE: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CONSULTANT
Responsible to provide planning, direction monitoring and supervision of programs and services for integrated behavioral health consultation to children, adolescents, adults and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning located at the Edgewater Behavior Health Services (EBHS) and to carry out the policies establish, by the center in the deliverance of those services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, write, implement or follow a plan for service delivery of client care.
- Organize, delegate, monitors and managers the functions of the Department.
- Provides comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of behavioral health clients.
- Provides effective treatment planning and assisting clients in successfully achieving goals.
- Evaluates crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
- Actively participates in meetings that support integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients.
- Assists in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Assists the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
- Provides assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders.
- Teaches patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Monitors the site’s behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient services and making recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent patient care information and promote the rights of client within this department.
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the abilities, skills and knowledge to effectively perform the job responsibilities, duties and procedure; receptive to learning new skills; participates in on-going training and professional development..
- Customer Service: Provides high-quality customer service by meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients; understands our customer’s needs and uses this information to prioritize what the organization must do to fulfill them.
- Quality of Work: Consistently demonstrates competency in all aspects of the position, including a strong commitment to ethical practice; completes work with integrity in an efficient and effective manner; develops and contributes ideas to enhance the quality of service provided in the department and organization.
- Quantity of Work: Meets or exceeds established work deadlines; uses time and resources appropriately; meets production goals and objectives.
- Compliance: Adheres to department and organizational policies and procedures; keeps current knowledge of compliance standards and regulations; timely, accurately and thoroughly completes required documentation.
The staff member must demonstrate knowledge of:
- Social work services and therapeutic approaches
- Human development, systems theory, mental illness and theories of psychopathology.
- General medical knowledge in terms of relation to mental health and behavioral change.
- Support groups in community and referral sources.
- Behavior modification, treatment plans, and methods of intervention, case management, brief therapy models and client education.
- General standards, policies and procedures of regulatory bodies, state law, contractual agreements and professional standards.
- Excellent working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
- Should be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and have strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of psycho-pharmacology
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected chronic conditions.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Contribute to the agency effectiveness.
- Achieve program and financial objectives.
- Develop program staff.
- Maintain positive relations with customers.
- Prepare reports on department activity.
- Contributes to team effort.
- Other duties assigned.
Chief Clinical Officer
Master’s Degree in Social Work with LCSW or PhD in Clinical Psychology or PsyD with HSPP. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.