TITLE: RESIDENTIAL TECHNICIAN I/II
Under general supervision to be responsible for the supervision of clients residing in the residential facilities as it relates to the clients in their daily living activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the supervision of residents, the cleanliness and efficient operation of the building and the planning and preparation of meals.
- Acts as a role model and actively encourages residents to participate as fully as possible in the daily operation of the residents, functioning as a leader, teacher and partner in daily tasks rather than as a caretaker.
- Observes and recognizes when residents are experiencing emotional problems or personal crisis and notifies the Residential Supervisor immediately so that the need for intervention can be assessed. Administer first aid if necessary.
- Assist clients with minor medical matters as indicated by a physician and assist clients with taking medication either by mouth or by injection.
- Assists, as necessary, with menu planning, keeping list of groceries and supplies needed, shopping for groceries and ordering supplies involving residents in all of the above, when possible.
- Uses personal attitudes, leisure time skills and interpersonal social skills to provide a model for and becomes a trusted resource person to all residents.
- Participates in group meetings of staff and residents and participates with other staff members and residents in the planning and carrying out of in-house and out-of-house activities.
- Reports to the Residential Supervisor any malfunction of equipment or the need for improvements or repairs of the interior or exterior of the building.
- Assist residents in achieving treatment plan objectives and goals, reports progress and/or difficulties to the Residential Supervisor.
- Be involved in other aspects of the Residential Programs, i.e., Semi-Independent, Alternative Family for Adults and Supervised Group Living.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and transport clients as required, using your own or Center vehicles
- Coordinates with the Therapist/Case Managers for treatment planning
- Responsible for concise and adequate documentation of residents’ behavior and/or activities and timeliness in submission of data.
- Attend doctor’s staffing.
- Maintain a safe residence.
- May serve as mentor for new hires.
- Other Responsibilities and tasks as assigned or may arise
- Conduct all professional activity in an ethical manner.
- Conform to all applicable policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with other staff assist in identifying and eliminating any situation which jeopardizes the health and/or safety of clients, staff, or others who come in contact with community mental health center operations
- Utilize literature, workshops and other training aids to continually improve clinical and administrative skills.
- In conjunction with supervisor, complete and implement Individual Professional Development Plan.
- Assist in assuring Edgewater Systems compliance with all related licensing and accreditation requirements.
Program Supervisor and/or Program Manager
- Education – High School diploma or equivalent.
- Licensures/Certifications – QMA or CNA
- Experience – Experience preferred.
- Other – Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Furnish own inspected, automobile as needed for Center work and transportation of clients.
- A good driving record.
- Appropriate automobile insurance and valid license tags.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Posses good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have adequate knowledge of food preparation and nutritional value of foods for proper diet.
- Must be familiar with the operation and use of major household equipment, and have knowledge of heating electrical systems