TITLE: STAFF NURSE
Evaluates health needs of clients in programs and community support. Develops and implements policies and procedures related to medication therapy and other nursing needs in A.C.T. and community support services.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts with healthcare professionals and provide necessary care.
- Assesses adverse reactions to medication therapy and confers with physician when necessary.
- Monitors diagnostic testing.
- Administers IM medication as ordered for outpatient adult clients, as needed.
- Trains and continuously evaluates all staff on medical policies and procedures.
- Oversees and trains non-medical personnel in medication administration procedures for program.
- Orders and picks up medication and supplies as needed.
- Maintains credentials as required by certifying/licensing body. Participates in professional development and in-service programs as required by position.
- Participates in improving organizational performance through involvement in agency and department quality improvement programs, as needed.
- Responsible for following all organization and department precautions and procedures in the performance of all duties to ensure a safe work environment for self and others.
- Promotes effective working relationships and works effectively as part of the departmental team to facilitate the meeting of departmental goals and objectives.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medical policies and procedures and handle medical tools and equipment effectively (i.e. stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, audio scope, etc.).
- Must have knowledge of pharmacology, administration of medication and adverse reactions.
- Must have knowledge of crisis and medical emergency protocols.
- Must be able to administer First Aid, physical assessment and intra-muscular (IM) medication administration.
- Must have knowledge of infection control procedures.
- Assesses physical needs of clients and confer with physician when necessary and handles crisis and medical emergencies.
- Interfacing and networking with outside contacts.
- Must occasionally stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, reach, handle and lift.
- Close vision and color vision are required.
- Maintain a minimum of the company’s productivity requirements (75%) at all times.