Licensed Practical Nurse
October 17, 2017
TITLE: LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
Performs a wide variety of patient care activities and accommodative services for assigned patients as directed by the Registered Nurse or Nurse Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in admission and discharge of clients.
- Monitors support staff in the vital signs of clients including temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration and records on clients’ charts.
- Administers medications accepts orders for medication and supplies as needed for RAC operations
- Attend six (6) annual in-services.
- Interacts with clients on an individual and group basis.
- Provides client care, including but not limited to obtaining specimens for lab work, administering medications and assisting Registered Nurse and/or Unit Supervisor in the responsibilities of operating the Rapid Access Center (RAC).
- Participates in team, family conferences, therapeutic activities and client teaching.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Provides guidance and oversight to staff working with them including Medical Assistants, Mental Health Technicians and/or Certified Nurses’ Aides.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Deliver quality client care.
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians, staff and clients as well as their families.
- Protects client and staff.
- Documents clients’ care.
- Maintains clients’ confidential information.
Registered Nurse or Nurse Manager
High School graduate and graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nursing program. Must also have a valid state L.P.N. license and valid state drivers’ license.