TITLE: MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Responsible for the care of patients under general supervision by the Nurse or Provider.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs services in support of the clinical laboratories.(Blood Draws and UDS)
- Sanitizes laboratory surfaces.
- Stocks laboratory supplies.
- Cleans laboratory exam rooms.
- Operates autoclaves to perform sterilization daily.
- Other duties as assigned or requested by the supervisor.
- Reports any job problems to supervisor.
- Reports any potential high level medical issues or concerns to the Provider immediately.(i.e. Faintness, S.O.B., Chest Pain, Heavy Bleeding)
- Participates in group meetings of staff and patients and participates with other staff members and patients in the unit activities
- Maintains equipment and checks for adequate supplies
- Call manufacturer or supplier to enable repair of medical equipment.
- Reports any malfunction of equipment or the need for improvements or repairs of the interior or exterior of the building.
- Responsible for concise and adequate documentation.
- Responsible for analyzing specimens after instructions and supervision.
- Completion of necessary daily /weekly reports.
- Run and record required quality controls.
- Performs nursing procedures under supervision of the doctor
- Assists the doctor in examinations
- Gives instructions to patients as instructed by doctor
- Preps patient for Provider, including takes blood pressure, pulse, temperature and respiration
- Assists patients any time need is apparent or as directed by the nurse or physician
- Assists and Perform with any ordered procedures that have been taught through formal training or by a licensed nurse or Provider
- Perform CLIA waived lab procedures as ordered by Provider.
- Keeps medical records and forms in accordance to procedures
- Follows principles of medical ethics for medical assistant.
- Keeps rooms stocked and clean with adequate medical supplies
- Maintains good relationships with patient community
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Medical Assistant Diploma by accredited college.
- 1 year experience or prior EPC extern
SUPERVISED BY: Medical Supervisor
WORKERS SUPERVISED: None
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess good human relations skills.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be available for any shift.