TITLE: MANAGER – NEW LIFE CENTER
Provides direct counseling and therapy services in the context of individual family and group setting for addiction services clients. Provides presentations to community groups and in-service to agency staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as case manager for assigned clients and assists clients progress toward treatment goals
- Provides clinical addiction therapy and counseling services for clients in individual and group setting.
- Functions as liaison with psychiatrist and IPU personnel when patient is referred into or out of units. Facilitates transfers to other agencies outside of the Center.
- Acts as contact person to courts, schools, Department of Welfare, and industries providing reports on programs of the clients.
- Participates in urine surveillance and collects urine upon request.
- Refers clients for psychological/ psychiatric evaluation within the Center.
- Provides in-services to Agency staff.
- Provides community presentations.
- Integrates 12 step into programmatic counseling and case management while maintaining a professional treatment focus.
- Maintain and model collaborating communication with referral sources and agencies to assure optimum service to patients and the community.
- Participates in unit performance assessment and improvement activities.
- Provides consultation/ expertise to the team for management of difficult case and special populations including dually diagnosed clients.
- Complete 16 CEU’S per year.
- Develops treatment plans and follows plan for service delivery.
- Be available for counseling and monitors client compliance with recommended treatment
- Maintain client’s records in accordance with assigned services programs.
- Maintain 100% UM/UR compliance.
- Other responsibilities and tasks as may from time to time be assigned.
- Facilitates financial reimbursements for services by reporting clients status changes and completing necessary eligibility and contact reimbursement forms.
- Prepares individual treatment plans for clients, revises and up-dates when necessary.
- Documents client’s progress.
- Conduct all professional activity in an ethical manner.
- Conform to all applicable policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with other staff assist in identifying and eliminating any situation which jeopardizes the health and/or safety of clients, staff, or others who come in contact with community mental health center operations.
- Utilize literature, workshops and other training aids to continually improve clinical and administrative skills.
- In conjunction with supervisor, complete and implement Individual Professional Development Plan.
- Assist in assuring Edgewater Systems compliance with all related licensing and accreditation requirements.
Director of Addiction services
- Addiction Specialist I ,
- Addictions Specialist II,
- Therapist III,
- Outreach Workers,
- Administrative Assistant
Education – Bachelors Degree in a behavioral health field required. Masters degree preferred.
Experience – and or five years or more of experience working with chemical dependency clients using Methadone maintenance.
Other: Licensed or certified as a chemical dependency counselor preferred.