October 16, 2017
Pay Grade: U-IV Pay Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for the safe and courteous transportation of clients to and from varied locations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operation of a 16 passenger van, mini van, or car.
- Transports clients to and from Gary Community Mental Health Center to varied locations.
- Must operate vehicles safely and follow the local traffic laws.
- Properly maintains cleanliness of the agency’s vehicles.
- Responsible for vehicle surveys related to safety, equipment malfunction, and damage.
- Reports vehicle malfunctions to facilities.
- Transports all vehicles for maintenance and cleaning to needed locations.
- Ensures handicapped clients are transported safely and courteously.
- Performs courier duties as requested.
- Reports all accidents and incidents to supervisor.
- Keeps records of mileage and trips.
- Follows all policies and procedures established.
- Contributes to team effort.
- Performs clerical tasks pertaining to transportation.
- Performs any other related duties as requested.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Transporting of clients in a safe and courteous manner
- Maintains cleanliness of company vehicles
- Interpersonal skills
SUPERVISED BY: Manager
WORKERS SUPERVISED: None
High school graduate with a valid Indiana Chauffeurs license. At least one year experience transporting clients, children or patients.