TITLE: MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN I
Under general supervision to be responsible for the supervision of clients residing in the residential facilities as it relates to the clients in their daily living activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is responsible for the supervision of residents, the cleanliness and efficient operation of the building and the planning and preparation of meals.
- Acts as a role model and actively encourages residents to participate as fully as possible in the daily operation of the residents, functioning as a leader, teacher and partner in daily tasks rather than as a caretaker.
- Is observant and recognizes when residents are experiencing emotional problems or personal crisis and notifies the Residential Supervisor immediately so that the need for intervention can be assessed. May need to administer first aid.
- Uses personal attitudes, leisure time skills and interpersonal social skills to provide a model for and becomes a trusted resource person to all residents.
- Participates and/or facilitate group meetings of residents. Participates with other staff members and residents in the planning and carrying out of in-house and out-of-house activities.
- Reports to the Residential Supervisor any malfunction of equipment or the need for improvements or repairs of the interior or exterior of the building.
- Assist residents in achieving treatment plan objectives and goals, reports progress and/or difficulties to the Residential Supervisor.
- Be responsible for concise and adequate documentation of residents’ behavior and/or activities.
- Be involved in other aspects of the Residential Programs, i.e., Semi-Independent, and Supervised Group Living.
- Transport clients as required, using Center vehicles and/or personal vehicle as needed.
- Attend mandatory departmental training and staff meetings.
- Assist clients with minor medical matters as indicated by a Physician or nurse and assist clients with taking medication.
- Required to complete all documentation, communication log, incident reports and notes before the end of their shift.
- Maintain a safe residents by adhering to the agency policies and procedures in regards to the Non-Smoking policy on premises.
- Conduct all professional activities in an ethical manner.
- Maintain the company’s productivity requirement (100%) at all times
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Care for the needs of residential clients.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to remain alert while on duty.
- Must be able to read and write reports and document care given.
- Must be able to climb stairs.
- Must be able to provide physical intervention.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Furnish own inspected, automobile as needed for Center work and transportation of clients.
- A good driving record. Must have appropriate valid State of Indiana driver’s license.
- Appropriate automobile insurance and valid license tags.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess good human relations skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be available for any shift at all locations.
- Must be familiar with the operation and use of major household equipment, and have knowledge of heating electrical systems.
- Must have adequate knowledge of food preparation and nutritional value of foods for proper diet. Experience in a residential setting preferred.
- Must have basic computer skills